Congratulations to Elgin High School who won the UNISON Sports Cup back in June at the inter-schools cricket competition. Well done to the other teams taking part from Milnes High School and Forres Academy. Elgin High School ‘s success didn’t stop there as they went on to win the National event at Perth. Well done to all involved!
Agreement has been reached on pay awards for Moray Council employees whose terms and conditions of service come within the framework of Scottish Joint Council (SJC) for Local Government Employees.
- The agreement covers the period from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018;
- A flat rate increase of £350 per annum will be paid to all SJC employees remunerated up to £35,000 per annum (based on a 37 hour working week).
- The Scottish Local Government Living Wage (SLGLW) of £8.33 per hour will be increased to £8.51 per hour from 1 April 2017. This is equivalent to a flat-rate increase of £350 on an annualised salary (based on a 37 hour working week).
- The SLGLW rate will be used as the minimum pay level for pay and all allowances up to the notional normal working week, with those hours worked in excess being exempt from pensionable pay.
- The SLGLW will be payable to employees on SCPS 2-18 inclusive.
- Each employer will decide whether to consolidate the difference between the SCP rate and the SLGLW rate into basic pay or whether to pay it as an allowance.